Fabio Ruggiero's website
The main advantage of legged robots is their capability to move through complicated and challenging terrains. The momentum-based observer is a powerful tool for robust control and disturbance rejection due to its simple structure and high performance. The estimator, along with a suitable motion planner for the trajectory of the robot’s centre of mass and an optimization problem based on the modulation of ground reaction forces, devises a whole-body controller for the robot. The quadruped is stressed by external disturbances acting indifferently on stance and swing legs. Other control techniques have been developed where quadruped robots perform non-prehensile manipulation actions and interact with the environment (e.g., visually impaired people).
- V. Morlando, A. Teimoorzadeh, F. RUGGIERO, Whole-body control with disturbance rejection through a momentum-based observer for quadruped robots, in Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 164, 104412, 2021, DOI: 10.1016/j.mechmachtheory.2021.104412.
- V. Morlando, J. Cacace, F. RUGGIERO, Online feet potential fields for quadruped robots navigation in harsh terrains, in Robotics, 12(3), 86, 2023, DOI: 10.3390/robotics12030086.
- V. Morlando, M. Selvaggio, F. RUGGIERO, Nonprehensile object transporta- tion with a legged manipulator, 2022 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Philadelphia, USA, pp. 6628-6634, 2022, DOI: 10.1109/ICRA46639.2022.9811810.
- V. Morlando, F. RUGGIERO, Disturbance rejection for legged robots through a hybrid observer, 30th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, Athens, Greece, pp. 743-748, 2022, DOI: 10.1109/MED54222.2022.9837169.
- V. Morlando, G. Neglia, F. RUGGIERO, Drilling task with a quadruped robot for silage face measurements, 2023 IEEE International Workshop on Measurements and Applications in Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Naples, Italy, 2023 (in press).
- V. Morlando, V. Lippiello, F. RUGGIERO, Tethering a human with a quadruped robot: A guide dog to help visual impaired people, 31st Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, Limassol, Cyprus, 2023 (in press).